Sponsors

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fly like an eagle



"But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired."
-Isaiah 40:31 AMP

Man I was tired this morning! I didn't want to get out of the bed! I hit snooze a few times, and groaned because I had to get up. Now I'm at work, and I'm still tired. This verse is for me today. God promises that if we "expect, look for, and hope in Him" He has all the strength we need. So much strength that we can fly!

Remember Misty, my weenie dog? She was definitely EXPECTING, WAITING, and HOPING. Even if she was tired, she was giving it her all until she saw Kev's return. Even if we're tired, we should be giving it our all for Him. When we do this, He gives us strength to do great things, but here's the kicker, He gives us HIS strength. Not just more of our own, but HIS supernatural God strength is in us, and because of this we can do mightier things than we ever dreamed of. We have been given so much strength that no only can we do what we've been called to do, but we won't even get tired doing it. Let me say that again: WE WON'T EVEN GET TIRED. God is so good! Spend time in his presence today. Hope in Him, wait on Him, expect Him, and you will soar with eagles!

***Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment