Sponsors

Friday, April 22, 2011

04/22/11: HE IS RISEN!


Hello all! It's been waaay too long since I last blogged! That's what happens when you let busyness take over...not cool. So without further ado, here ya go:

"But the angel answered and said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples the He is risen from the dead...'" - Matthew 28:5-7 (NKJ)

I've made an unofficial tradition of reading a the Crucifixion and Resurrection story the last couple of years on Good Friday. It's amazing, every year I see something else new that I haven't seen before. I want to encourage you, read this story of God's great love for us. It's recorded from four different perspectives, which gives such insight. Here's where you can find it in the Gospels:

Matthew chapters 26-28
Mark chapters 14-16
Luke chapters 22-24
John chapters 18-21

It's not a long read at all. It's so awesome to remind ourselves what Jesus did for us and how He willingly gave His life so that we would have relationship with God.

***Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment